Thursday, September 10, 2020

Teaching perfect pitch


When I was a kid (5-7) we were singing the butterfly song (μία ωραια πεταλούδα) at the classroom.


I would try to quest what the notes were and when going back home impatiently playing the notes on an eastern German piano in order to see if I was right. It was a kind gift from my great grand father Melelaos. (Later on Melelaos and my other grand fathers George and Manolis would enjoy listening radio to a hand assembled with springs (πολυκυκλωματιστης game, 501 driving a 2001) one germanium transistor class A amplifier driving Sony closed back low impedance headphones through the tiny output transformer of the electronic construction game).


I was completely wrong. But the mistakes taught me.


Now when a sound is heard somewhere, the syllables or letters of the note name can be heard in my mind.
Sometimes I am wrong by a semitone but a La flat is still a La (L-A).


In music everything is refenced to the natural or white notes anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment