Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Mind's Influence


It's chapter 4 at page 76 of the unique book,
Sound and Hearing - S. S. Stevens, Fred Warshofsky - Life Science Series


This chapter begins by showing that pitch does not only depend on frequency but also on intensity.


I feel so privileged having found this book at my dad's library when I was a kid. It had been translated to Hellenic language by medical doctor Manos Tierry.
It's funny that my best friend at school Yiannis had once told me that his dad had been translating a Life encyclopedia to Hellenic.
Many years later I discovered by looking up at the beginning of the book that my favorite book had been translated by my best friend's dad.
I wish he is well. A so fine, smart doctor and person. He took us once on foot to visit Radio Katouma shop where would would buy Josty electronic kits, RIAA preamps and the like.
We would be impatiently exhausted walking Athens till getting to the shop. He would keep telling us, we are almost there...

















No comments:

Post a Comment